The lovely Chereen over at For the Beauty of It posted her 15 favourite feelings a little while ago, and I thought that was such a cool idea I’d have to steal it. Although, is it still stealing if you give credit for it? Anyway. I have a secret love of lists, and it’s always nice to focus on the things that make us feel good, so why not? Here are a few of my favourite feelings…Obviously these are in no particular order, and there is always the small possibility that any x-rated favourite feelings have, of course, been omitted. Ahem.
- The irresistible sensation of chocolate melting on my tongue
- Lazing in a hot bubble bath with a really good book
- Coming up with the perfect opening sentence for an article (isn’t starting always the hardest part?!)
- Actually managing to drag myself to my 6:15am Pilates class twice a week – I hate getting up early, but once I’m there, I love it
- That little spark of surprise when someone just ‘gets’ my humour and laughs unexpectedly at something I’ve said
- The feeling of cool water on my skin when I go for a swim
- Climbing into bed after changing the sheets
- The sheer elation of the Sharks or Springboks winning!
- Getting a really great WhatsApp/text message/phone call out of the blue
- The feeling of closure at the end of a fabulous book
- Singing really loudly in the car and not caring what anyone else in traffic thinks…I tend to be a frequent source of amusement for taxi passengers…
- Having a really good debate with someone smart
- The weight of both my cats lying in my lap – a rare double cuddle (usually Violet bolts as soon as Henry tries to get involved)
- Dancing it out or jumping around at a gig
- Sinking my feet into the grass in the garden on a sunny day
There are probably a million other feelings that are equally as divine, like catching up with friends, or finding a dress that fits perfectly, but these will do for now.